Join us on Friday, May 11th for an intimate album pre-release concert. This will be your first opportunity to hear Moorea Masa’s album Shine A Light performed live, and to enjoy an evening with both the artist and her band, The Mood.
A Portland native, Moorea Masa was raised in the musical mecca of the city. The daughter of an Italian immigrant father and an African-American mother born abroad, this singer/songwriter/guitarist has been making music for as long as she can remember. Shine A Light, comes from the depths of a sometimes-troubled childhood and expresses a belief that the unexamined life is not worth living. "I'm really sharing my whole heart in this album," says Moorea. "This year I've really been digging deep into my history, my own learning lessons, and the state of the world. I feel like I took a light and shined it into all the darkness and beauty that I was too scared to look at."
The night’s featured chefs are the talented Mona and Jaret of Tournant. Drawing inspiration from Moorea’s Italian roots they are crafting a feast to match the soulful mood of the night. Centered around Northern Italian cuisine, Tournant’s menu will showcase classic Italian dishes with a Pacific Northwest spin. Sultry songs and a decadent communal feast to serenade your senses!
- Welcome Cocktail from Angel’s Envy Bourbon
- Live Pre-Album Release Concert from Moorea Masa & The Mood, performing the album Shine a Light
- Italian Feast from Tournant:
- Pizzoccheri Valtellinesi-inspired Frittata with buckwheat, Potato, Chard & Mountain Cheese
- Spring Vegetables with Bagna Cauda
- Bresaola with a Salad of Fennel, Arugula, Treviso & Agrumato
- Risotto al Verde with Nettles, Asparagus, Sweet Peas & Fava Beans
We look forward to Serenading you!